Thursday, March 26, 2009

Introduction

Welcome to Kevin O'Hare's PR blog which will look at the influence that technology is having on public relations theory and practice.

In my first post I should just like to introduce myself.

Before studying at Stirling University I worked for the Scottish Crime and Drug Enforcement Agency as its Head of Strategic Communications. The SCDEA leads the fight against organised crime in Scotland.

I had spent the previous 15 years working as a journalist in Glasgow at Scotland's leading quality broadsheet newspaper, The Herald, where I was the Chief Sub-Editor.

Last year I co-wrote a biography of my former boss at the SCDEA. The Enforcer: A Life Fighting Crime was released last October by Black & White Publishing.

When I'm not studying or working as a journalist I am most likely to be found playing my piano. Last year I played in Glasgow for a BBC piano festival, pianothon, a celebration of amateur piano playing. I hope you enjoy it:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers